Monday, February 6, 2012

Super Ad Sunday

The Super Bowl, nothing better than getting some food and drinks and sitting with family and friends watching the most anticipated game of the year. Most anticipated, not just for the match-up of two great football teams, but also the commercials and halftime show. I personally love to watch the game even though my Cleveland Browns were not in it, but I love the commercials more.
This year I did not think the commercials were up to par as previous years, but there were some that I really liked and I would like to share those with you.

Clint Eastwood Halftime America:

This commercial was shown at halftime and was just very powerful. Listen to what Clint has to say and I do not think anyone could have delivered that speech better than him.

Volkswagen fat Dog:

I loved this one because it shows that with persistence, self-discipline, and exercise, you can reach your goal, even if the goal is to chase cars. Besides having a good message, it also appealed to my nerdy side with the Star Wars scene at the end, loved it.

Honda CRV Ferris Bueller:

It is Ferris Bueller, how can you not like this one? Well, if you are my Brother-In_Law and have never watched the movie, you might not like it; much less get it.


Doritos Sling Baby:

This one was user submitted and I found it was pretty funny and cheesy.I particularly like the thumb up.


Chevy Silverado Apocalypse:


I hear that a lot of people did not like this one, but I did. I have to admit that I am a fan of post apocalyptic movies and games ( loved Fall-Out) so this ad was brilliant and wonderfully styled. Plus, I always had a feeling that Twinkies lasted forever, now I know.

Let's move from advertising to music and talk about the halftime show. I love rock and metal so I would like that for my halftime show but usually they get groups like the Rolling Stones or Springsteen and that is not a good show to watch at all for halftime and they never tend to get new rock or metal groups to do the show. Well, this year they went with Madonna, I am not a fan of hers at all but I was curious and decided to watch the halftime performance as I do every year no matter who is performing.


The show was beautiful and just artistically amazing; I am not talking about the music, it was typical Madonna with guest spots by LMFAO, Nicki Minaj, M.I.A. (complete with rude gesture) and Cee Lo green. What struck me was the floor and what they did with the video on it that was nothing short of jaw dropping, especially at the end when the field got sucked in and the universe and stars came out, wow. I would say the animations and graphics guys were the highlight of halftime.
But, this is what a halftime show should be like her or not.

What are your thoughts, what were your favorite commercials, did you like the halftime show?

0 comments:

Post a Comment